Saturday, July 23, 2016

Overcome fear

Every day, our world changes.   The news tends to report on bad news.   If we allow ourselves to focus on such things, then our hearts will be heavy with fear.

There is good news.   We don't have to allow fear to take control.   We can overcome fear by seeking God.    If you feel that you've had a heavy heart, then turn your eyes toward the Cross of Christ.  For in the Cross, you will find hope, you will find joy, you will find peace.    Read and allow these scriptures to get into your mind and in your spirit.  

"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."  Psalms 34:4

"The fear of man bringeth a snare:  but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."  Proverbs 29:25

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;  thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."  Psalms 23:4

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee:  be not dismayed; for I am thy God:  I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;  yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."   Isaiah 41:10




No comments: